Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Blogging Whore

I have all of four Dust Bunnies (readers) now.

*sound of crickets*

This blog thing is apparently easier said than done. You have to be a combination of funny, charismatic, witty, wise, and just plain awesome to do the job right. I am none of those things.

It just so happens that I am pretty average. I'm okay with that... Until I try to put myself out there like a Whore on a corner, and I don't get laid. Then I walk home with my pride in tact and empty pockets. I have plenty of pride, not enough money. Why can this not be used to my advantage?

You gotta hand it to those women. They have the shittiest hours alive, a new boss to please every night, and the pay blows. Quite literally. But there they are every night, giving their pride away for some easy... Cash...

I love being a stay-at-home-mom, but now and then I fiddle with the idea of going to work and having real conversations where the subject of poo was strictly prohibited. So I envy most working women, but Whores are not one of them. It sounds too much like what I do on a daily basis.
  • Up all night - Check
  • Hard to please boss - Check
  • Crap pay - Check
  • Hoping I make it through the night without getting shit on me - Double check
That last one is a deal breaker for me. I had that happen in the front seat of a van before. It was gross, we will not speak of it.

But blogging is like being a Whore. A cheap interweb Whore. If you're good you have people crawling all over your page because they can't get enough. And if you suck, then you can leave it to the interweb to let you know. Just like a Pimp.

Damn Pimps.

*I have no problem with whores or pimps. If you are a whore or a pimp, carry on*

No comments:

Post a Comment